Since 2007, Srishti has been collaborating with SUI led by Prof. Jyoti Hosagrahar. Srishti students and faculty from Interior and Furniture Design, Product and Systems Design, Film, and Visual Communication have all been engaged with projects on heritage towns in Karnataka with SUI as well as a heritage palace in Gujarat.
The work of the Srishti students has supported, extended, and added to the work of SUI on these heritage areas. SUI-Srishti collaborations have included:
- Studio Project: Cultural heritage, development and design in the Hoysala Heritage region on 15 historic cities in Karnataka established in the 11th and 13th centuries in collaboration with Sustainable Urbanism International (SUI). Various studio projects 2007-2011.
- Studio Project: Visualizing cultural heritage, Railway Staff College, Vadodara, in collaboration with SUI, and the Ministry of Railways, Government of India, 2012
- Conceptualizing Kalagram: Exploration and development of the concept of a Community museum and center for research on crafts in a heritage town in Karnataka in collaboration with SUI, 2010-2012
- Exploring cultural landscapes: Explorations of heritage, craft, tourism, and the cultural landscape in Kutch, Gujarat in collaboration with SUI, 2010.
- City Waste: Intensive workshop on community, culture, and garbage in Bangalore with SUI Columbia University, New York, 2013.
- Transforming Waste to Public Space: Designing for Sustainability under Bangalore’s Flyovers: Anand Rao Circle, Bangalore. An intensive workshop with SUI Columbia University, New York included documentation, analysis, design, and construction of a public space at Anand Rao Circle in Bangalore, 2014.