Documentation of Pratap Vilas Palace at Vadodara: Railway Staff College
August – December 2013
The Pratap Vilas Palace Complex is located in the south west part of the city of Vadodara. The 100 year old structure, originally constructed as a private resident of the Gaekwads, was acquired by the Indian Railway Ministry in the year 1952. Consequently, the Railway Staff College was established in the palace premises. The project, in collaboration with the students of Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, investigated this 100 year old structure and its heritage significance.
- Identifying heritage elements of the Pratap Vilas Palace
- Identifying characteristics of built form and the development of the Palace complex through its 100 years
- Identifying potentials, challenges to conservation of the structure
- Design of signage and display boards (with Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology)
- Design of maps, brochure itinerary for visitors (with Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology)